Dysphagia/Swallowing Therapy Program
The Specialized Pediatric Care -Speech, Language, Communication, and Dysphagia program (0-21 Years old) offers the following appropriate practices based on empirical evidence: Under the supervision of Dr. JG Padin, CCC/SLP-MPH Specialist in Rehabilitation.
- Language and Communication Assessment.
- Evaluation of speech-voice and fluency in the spectrogram.
- Assistive Technology (AT-SGD) and training for caregivers used for communication.
- Multidisciplinary swallow evaluation through results of MBS, or Video fluoroscopy, and validation using The IDDSI Framework.
- Implementation of protocols for swallowing quantitative and qualitative measures swallowing & feeding trials to consider discontinuation of G-tube.
- Implementation of Protocols for swallowing quantitative and qualitative measures of caloric intake and consistency of food and liquids.
- Sensory integration of the oral Neuro-muscular mechanism for feeding and swallowing, determining levels of lenience and processing.
- Intense Oral Cleaning (IOC) to avoid candidiasis, halitosis, and pneumonia.